Monday, July 7, 2008

Why Building Blocks?


First and foremost, I feel the urgent need to introduce myself and my reason for starting Building Blocks.

I am a 20-year old college student residing in the state of Michigan. Because I am just beginning, I currently only have access to resources in the state of Michigan, but will eventually venture out to access information for those of you in neighboring states. I have been compelled to believe that young people need me! Not per se, but as a guide... as a mentor... as a go-between.

Building Blocks, as stated before, is a blog for young people between the ages of 13-18. On this site young people will not find solutions, they will find GUIDANCE.

So that my viewers can better understand my site, I will break down for you the blocks that I believe need to be built in order to evolve into a responsible adult.

Here's the Building Blocks that this site is built around (P.E.A.R.L).

♥ P-ursuit of Happiness
♥ E-ducation & Employment
♥ A-dvancement
♥ R-elationships
♥ L-ife Issues

Each day of the week will build on a different block, in no particular order.

My site is aimed towards those individuals who are interested in making an investment in their future (not only financially, but emotionally and physically as well).

They are implemented into each post, on a weekly basis. They are structured to provide the most insight into what I believe is the problem for most young adults: inaccessibility to the resources that should be available to them!

At Miss Building Blocks, I am dedicated to providing the most up-to-date, reliable information pertaining to, but not limited to:

  • Finding Scholarships and Grants
  • Resume Tips
  • Time Management
  • Relationship Advice
  • Establishing Credit
  • Greek Life
  • Tutoring
  • THE LIST GOES ON
I would like to thank you for visiting, encourage you to subscribe and tell all of your friends, and check out my biweekly polls at the bottom of my page! I hope that this information is useful to all of you!

1 comments:

Jessen Tan said...

great site you got here..nice concept.

Check Miss Building Blocks Calendar for Upcoming Topics